Working on remote teams and trying to successfully navigate the challenges of remote teamwork can sometimes be frustrating.
As I have shared before with man audiences, “Talent is essential, but never sufficient!”
And that is because true remote teams find ways to connect and to encourage and to support one another consistently…
So, to keep you focused on the positive opportunities and productivity it provides, I hope you will enjoy these 17 quotes intended to inspire you and our people!
QUOTES FOR REMOTE TEAMS:
1. “In a world that is constantly changing, it is to our advantage to learn how to adapt and enjoy something better.” ― Kenneth H. Blanchard
2. “One of the secret benefits of using remote workers is that the work itself becomes the yardstick to judge someone’s performance.” — Jason Fried
3. “We save, collectively, dozens of hours each week on commuting.” – Alex Turnbull
4. “Interdependent people combine their own effort with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success.” – Stephen Covey
5. “Email is familiar. It’s comfortable. It’s easy to use. But it might just be the biggest killer of time and productivity in the office today.” —Ryan Holmes
6. “We like to give people the freedom to work where they want, safe in the knowledge that they have the drive and expertise to perform excellently, whether they at their desk or in their kitchen. Yours truly has never worked out of an office, and never will.” — Richard Branson
7. “There is little success where there is little laughter.” – Andrew Carnegie
8. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” — George Shinn
9. “Giving employees great autonomy and flexibility allows people to feel independent and empowered while still feeling like a part of something bigger. This leads to happy, loyal employees with a rich quality of life, which in turn leads to an amazing culture.” ― Larry English
10. “I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things.” – Steve Jobs
11. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
12. “If you don’t pay attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.” —David Allen
13. “There is nothing more important in a group remote project than casual communication. Not just official emails and work updates, but the ability to sit back and chat.” –David Rabin
14. “Our guiding management philosophy is: ‘Hire smart people and get out of their way.’” – David Fullerton
15. “Performance more often comes down to a cultural challenge, rather than simply a technical one.” – Lara Hogan
16. “Not finance, not strategy. Not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage, both because it is so powerful and rare.” – Patrick Lencioni
17. “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” – Virginia Burden
– – – – –
The world has changed, and with it comes the obligation for us to adjust our expectations of what normal truly is for our organizations.
If you are in a position where you have been asked to contribute as a member of a remote team, or if you are the leader of a virtual team, these ideas may help to maintain your focus on getting the right work done and appreciating the many benefits of working from home.
If you are looking to improve team culture as a manager, you can do so in my new teamwork online course, the Rapid Teamwork Masterclass program…
And, because the reality is that ALL teams need to be reminded of the purpose and the people they are connected to, a virtual teambuilding keynote or event could provide an engaging way to re-energize your people and improve the interactions and collaboration throughout your team.